Eugenia Price- Joyce Blackburn Foundation
Young Poet Award Guidelines
This award is to encourage and recognize the literary talents of all public and private high school students in Glynn County. Originality, creativity, content and style will be the basis of the judges’ decisions.
The students’ work will be blind-judged by a panel made up of poets, writers and educators. The students’ name and school will be deleted from their manuscripts before being sent to the judges to ensure impartiality.
One winner will be selected from the 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grade. Each winner will receive a $250.00 cash prize and be invited to read their poem in a public presentation arranged by Golden Isles Arts and Humanities Association.
- Poem(s) must be submitted by March 1, 2013 by 5:00 p.m. to Golden Isles Arts and Humanities Association at the Historic Ritz Theatre, 1530 Newcastle Street, Brunswick, GA.
- The poem(s) must be reflective of this year’s theme, The Nature of Love
- The work must be typed or printed (ink – no pencil), on one side of the page only.
- Students may submit up to three poems. Please be sure to designate each poem by title (and page numbers if necessary).
- Submit a cover sheet with the student’s name, address, phone number, grade level, school name and teacher’s name. Do not put the student’s name on the page with the poem (s). THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! WITHOUT THIS PAGE WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCEPT THE SUBMISSION.
- Work cannot be the result of a classroom project under the supervision of a teacher.
- Students are not required to attend a workshop or class to be eligible to submit their work.
For further information or questions, please contact Golden Isles Arts & Humanities at 912-262-6934 or email.